Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Italian Herb Blend

   I found this recipe in Lorna Sass' Short-Cut Vegetarian: Great Taste in No Time.  Who would have thought that something so simple would make such an impact on taste?!?  I love this herb blend so much that I'll have to start making a double batch b/c I go through it so quickly.




Italian Herb Blend

  • 2Tbsp oregano
  • 2Tbsp basil
  • 1Tbsp + 1tsp thyme
  • 1Tbsp + 1tsp rosemary
  • 1Tbsp fennel seed, crushed
  • 2tsp red pepper flakes
  1. Blend up or crush the fennel seed, then mix w/ the remaining ingredients.
  2. Store in a cool place for up to 3 months.
  I blend up our fennel in a coffee grinder for a fine texture and flavor throughout the mix.  I think this blend tastes wonderful in beans, couscous, and pasta, and it works well in an olive oil/balsamic vinegar combo, too.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment